Peace of Mind When You Need It Most
Equestrian Life is an online community for horse people.
We bring together horse people across all disciplines, breeds and sports.
We invite you to connect with others who love horses as much as you do.
1. Central station burglar alarms or a local (loud) alarm should be installed on premises.
2. Proper outdoor lighting of premises is recommended. Motion sensor lights are best.
3. A nightly barn check at sporadic times can help reduce theft.
4. The phone number for the local and state police should be displayed near all telephones.
5. Machinery, equipment, or tack should be routinely locked at night. Don’t leave keys in vehicles. Secure all keys when not in use.
6. Keys to buildings, equipment, and locked areas should be monitored carefully and given out to reliable employees only. Avoid duplicates, and change locks when needed.
7. Complete a written or video inventory and log serial numbers for easy identification if necessary. Prominently label laptops and computers with personal identification to discourage theft. You may want to consider installing tracking software for business related laptops.