I grew up with a next door neighbor who owned horses. She taught me how to ride Western and all the basics of horse care. Seven years ago I moved to a different state and I started taking English lessons on Chip, a bay Quarter horse. I now own a black Thoroughbred named Jazz It Up, (Jazz or Jim at the barn). He used to be a racehorse and his name was Job Security. He is awesome and I love him so much! :D I also work as a stablehand at C.J. Ranch, the stable I board Jazz at.
1. How old were you when you first started riding?: 7
2. First horse ridden: I don't know it's name...
3. First horse trotted on: Little Mama
4. First horse cantered on: Rock'in Trolly
5. First Horse fallen off of: Spirit.... she was a green horse... used to be a wild mustang and she had very little training. She bucked me off. :P
6. Most recent horse fallen off of: Jazz.... I was cantering on a trail when one of my reins broke. Jazz Spooked and broke into a gallop. I had to jump off because I had no control of him.
7. First horse you trotted over poles with: Sister
8. First horse jumped with: Chip
9. First horse who ran away with you: Jazz
10. First horse that scared the crap out of you: Jazz
11. First horse shown: None Yet
12. First horse to win a class with: ....
13. Do you/have you taken lessons: Yes
14. First horse you ever rode bareback: Spirit
15. First horse trail ridden with: Spirit
16. Current Barn name: C. J. Ranch
17. Do you ride English or western: Both
18. First Horse to place at a show with:....
19. Ever been to horse camp: No
20. Ever been to a riding clinic: No
21. Ridden sidesaddle: Yes
22. First horse leased: I never leased... Just owned
23. First horse owned: Jazz :) I LOVE him!
24. Highest ribbon in a show: ......
25. Ever been to an Ã¢â¬â¢AÃ¢â¬â¢ rated show: Nope
26. Ever competed in pony games/relay races: no
27. Ever fallen off at a show: no
28. Do you ride Hunter/Jumpers: Yes
29. Have you ever barrel raced: Yes
30. Ever done pole bending: No, but I want to!
31. Favorite gait: Canter
32. Ever galloped bareback: Nope
33. Have you ever done dressage: not yet
34. Have you ever evented: No
35. Have you ever mucked a stall: Of course... like every day
36. Ever been bucked off: Yep once, by Spirit
37. Ever been on a horse that reared: Yep
38. Horses or ponies: Both!
39. Do you wear a helmet: Absolutely
40. What's the highest you've jumped: still small... 1 1/2 ft.
41. Have you ever ridden at night: yep
42. Do you watch horsey television shows:yep, Heartland
43. Have you ever been seriously hurt/injured from a fall: thankfully, no
44. Have you ever ridden without anything (no saddle, bridle, halter ect): nothing once..... usually just no saddle
45. Do you ride in an arena or ring: Both. . .
46. Have you ever been trampled by a horse: No, hopefully never
47. Have you ever been bitten: Yes
48. Ever had your foot stepped on by a horse: Of course
49. Do you clean your tack regularly:if it needs it
50. Ever played ride-a-buck?: huh?
51. Show Name: Jazz It Up
52. Barn Name: Jazz/ Jim
53. Any nicknames: Handsome, Jazzy, Jimbo`, Sexy Beast...lol :)
54. Breed: Thoroughbred
55. Goes english or western: Both
56. Sex: Gelding
57. Age: 20
58. Primary Discipline: English and racing (used to be a racehorse)
59. Show experience: He raced in his younger days. He wasn't any good though, lol.
60. Good on the trail: Yep!
63. Spooky: Rarely, but cars spook him occasionally, and once a garbage bag. it was kinda funny though.
64. Is your horse able to be ridden bareback: yep
65. Does your horse come when you call: Yep!
66. Is your horse good with children and other horses: He's great with both
67. Is your horse worked regularly: Yep
68. Ever a lesson horse: He was a little before I got him.
69. Does your horse like treats: Totally!
70. Do you take lessons on your horse: Yes
71. Is your horse easy to work around: yep
72. Has your horse ever escaped from its stall: nope
73. Do you feel safe on your horse: Yep
74. Is your horse hard to worm: Yes! He hates it, lol.
75. Is your horse good for the farrier/vet: Yes he's perfect. :)
76. Have you ever won a class with your horse: not yet. :)
77. Have you ever had a moment where you feel really connected to your horse: yes. :) I love it!
78. Does your horse like hay: duh!
79. Does your horse have special feed or supplement: nope
80. Does your horse often have a very messy stall: no, I make sure it's clean.
81. Does your horse use any special tack: just wraps occasionally
82. Do you use a whip and spurs: nope, he's really sensitive to cues. No need for them.
83. Does your horse like to run: Yes! He loves it!
84. How many times a week do you ride your horse: at least once a week.
85. Does your horse have markings: a faint star
86. Do you braid your horse for shows: yes.. and whenever I'm in the mood to make him look awesome :)
87. What color is your horse's halter: Turquoise. :)
88. Does your horse follow you: Most of the time
89. Can your horse backup: Yep
90. Is your horse's trot easier to sit to or post to: Post..... he has a really bouncy trot
91. Have you ever dressed your horse up for halloween: no
92. Describe your horse in one word: Cute
93. Has your horse ever produced offspring: nope
94. Do you and your horse have "colors": Lime Green and Turquoise!
95. What is your horse's favorite treat: anything and everything that he can consume! haha :)
96. Do you normally lunge your horse before riding: Occasionally
97. Has your horse ever given a pony ride: yep
98. How many people owned this horse before you:2 I think.
99. Does your horse get dirty easily: YES! He rolls every time I put him out.
100. What's your favorite horsey memory: The first time he "joined up" with me. He was following me everywhere. :) Also later that day I put him out to pasture. A few hours later I came to get him. When he saw me, he whinnied really loud and galloped to the gate to meet me. He was soooo cute! :)
Janelle's Riding Style
Hunter / Jumper